Wheel of Health
In today’s fast-paced and increasingly complex world, medical science and the evolution of unique models for health care are
bringing us closer to truly personalized medicine. Given these evolving trends, the need for a comprehensive and dynamically responsive plan for your health is even more important. For this reason I want to help you create a personalized health plan that is as responsive to your current health needs as it is adaptable to your future health.
The Wheel of Health identifies seven categories of self-care:
- Mind-Body Connection: Awareness of the present moment.
- Movement, Exercise and Rest: Activities of daily living like cleaning and gardening as well as walking, running, tennis, yoga, cycling balanced with adequate rest and relaxation.
- Nutrition: Eating a balanced, healthy diet.
- Personal and Professional Development: Growing and developing one’s own abilities, talents and interests, both in ‘being’ and ‘doing’, and living with both in balance.
- Physical Environment: Spaces where you live and work (light, noise, toxins, color), as well as the landscape surrounding those spaces.
- Relationships and Communication: Spending time with family, friends and/or coworkers who are supportive and with whom you communicate effectively.
- Spirituality: Seeing purpose and meaning in something larger than one’s self.